Membership is by election and members are bound by a Code of Conduct to ensure the highest standards of professional performance (see below).
Members maintain continuous close liaison mainly through a monthly newsletter and meet regularly as a group to improve collaboration and share expertise.
To develop teamwork and networking skills, members participate in interdisciplinary 'white-paper' projects and exercises.
Acumentia members are selected on the basis of integrity, professional competence and experience, using a peer-review process by existing members.
Members undertake to:
- Deliver appropriate, timely and cost-effective service to our clients, working throughout with credibility and integrity
- Conduct ourselves in such a way as to reflect credit upon our clients, our group, the consulting profession and our professional associations and societies
- Respect any confidence gained in our professional capacity
- Recognise our responsibility to maintain and enhance our professional competence by continuously updating and improving our knowledge and proficiency
- Deal promptly, fairly and effectively with any conflicts of interest that arise or that are foreseen
- Deal promptly and fairly with any complaint
- Avoid unwarranted statements that reflect upon the character or integrity of other members of the profession or the group
- Carry appropriate insurance for our business activities
- Deal fairly with fellow members and their clients
- Be familiar with other members' activities and areas of expertise to enable the most effective referrals and formation of teams for larger projects
- Maintain up-to-date business information on our group website
- Promote the name Acumentia by means of our own websites, business cards, promotional literature and verbal dealings with clients.